Mark Bateman is a proven leadership, management and growth specialist.
- Founder and Managing Director of a consulting firm, over 40 staff, delivering services globally, sold in 2011
- Masters in Leadership Coaching & Mentoring plus many more qualifications
- Coached, developed, trained over 150 different companies at the senior leadership/management level to grow and develop
With his track record Mark combines proven commercial experience with deep behavioural insights. This enables him to help those in senior positions to think and act strategically, whilst developing leadership/management skills to perform more effectively.
Over 75,000 hours of leading groups (training, development, coaching, leading, facilitating)
Mark understands first hand what it takes to run a successful growing organisation. Mark’s qualifications underpins his deep understanding of what makes individuals, teams and organisations perform. The result is a highly engaging and effective specialist who will work with you to overcome your challenges.
Leadership/Management Development Experience Overview
- Over 75,000 hours of leading groups (training, development, leading, facilitating)
- Over 1,500 hours of face to face senior management/leadership coaching
- Grew a professional services/consulting company to over 45 staff within 4 years, from scratch, with offices in Derby and London. Delivered high end services to FTSE/public companies worldwide. Put managers in charge whilst I took a sabbatical. Sold the business in 2011 (after an extensive/intensive DD process).
- Coach fast growth businesses (and turned steady into amazing)
- Coach senior leaders, managers, directors, owners, partners, boards, senior management teams
- Design, develop and deliver highly engaging, transformational leadership/management development programmes
- Facilitation of large groups, workshops, conferences
- Public Speaking, key note speaker
Mark Bateman’s Qualifications
- Masters of Education: Leadership, Coaching & Mentoring
- Post Graduate Certificate: Business Coaching & Mentoring
- Post Graduate Certificate: Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science – Essex University
- British Psychological Society Occupational Test User (Ability & Personality)
- Psychometric Tools: ILM72 – The Integrated Leadership Measure – Accredited, JTI (MBTI), 15PF (16PF), Belbin, EQ-i etc.
I grew up in a multi cultural environment, living in, and travelling to, different countries. Our home was open to many from every continent of the world. As my father was in a senior leadership position I saw the positive and negative sides of leadership in a range of contexts and cultures. I saw first hand how the leader’s own personality and character impacts themselves personally, their families and those they lead. I started leading groups at the of 13.
Leadership, and the burden it can bring, is typically a very lonely place. It is this aspect of leadership: the leader themselves, as well as those they lead, which so gripped me.
My whole adult career has involved working in, and providing consultancy services across all market sectors. These have included FTSE250s, central/local government, and over 100 SMEs in all market sectors.
After spending much of my life in supporting leadership, as well as being a leader (including starting, running and eventually selling my own company), I went back to University (2009) and studied (at Masters level) leadership as well as human psychology to ensure my approach was underpinned by academic rigour, latest theories and empirical research.
Alongside studying I started an intensive personal development programme. The result is a more self aware, rounded and more authentic individual. The benefits are that I have a deep theoretical and experiential understanding of what drives behaviours. I’m able to quickly pinpoint barriers to performance in a non judgemental way and facilitate deep transformational change as a result. The end result is a freer, more effective leader or team, positively impacting those they lead and the organisations they run.
I’m not interested in tick boxes, or going through the motions. Support has to be real and in context to strategy. Change needs to be effective in order to better achieve challenging goals. I seek positive transformational change at the individual leader (manager) level, within teams, as well as across the whole organisational. Constantly challenging everyone to work together as a highly performing team in order to reach the agreed vision. My track record and client testimonials speak for themselves.
Outside of work, I have two grown up (and utterly beautiful/amazing) daughters, I love to travel, enjoy photography, like to keep fit and write.